Friday, March 13, 2009

We did it!

Diane and I set a goal for ourselves to do a run/walk 5k training program. It calls for 3 weekly run/walks and a long walk on the weekend. And we did it! Even with the 40-50 degree temps and rain, we have exercised together three mornings this week! (This morning we had to stay in because of the rain, so we did a Leslie Sansone 2-mile walk video, which was harder than the run/walk we'd been doing)

I realize many of you do this every week. Or every day. But this is of note to me because I honestly believe that the last time I worked out three times in one week was 1997. (and part of that workout was just walking around the gym to see if there were any football players there)

I have to say this has been a real faith-builder for me. If God can get me out of bed, into the cold, dark morning at 6:30 to exercise, then I know He can do anything! If you know me, and how much I dislike mornings, and exercise, then you know that, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment