Sunday, February 8, 2009

Clothes shopping...not as fun as it sounds!

I had a very good morning at church...lots of great songs, a great sermon, lots of friends and support. Then I went clothes shopping. Yes, we are unemployed, so shopping alone was tough for me. Shopping for CLOTHES was a nightmare! Nothing to remind me that I've gained weight like trying to decide what size to pull from the rack to try on, deciding to go large, just to be safe...then seeing it not zip in the dressing room.

I went clothes shopping because I am applying for jobs and have absolutely no professional clothing that fits. I have professional clothing, but it's all about 2 sizes too small. So, in case I should get called in for an interview next week, I had to go buy some clothes. JCPenney was having a big sale, so I got some cute stuff cheap. And I won't wear it unless I have to, so maybe Max will land an awesome job, and I can return it never worn (except the fabulous shoes I got for $8) and we'll move on with our lives. :)

Funny thing happened this afternoon...I told my sister that I'd sent a resume to a software company in Bloomington (can you believe there is a software company in Bloomington!?) and it turns out she knows the owners! She just called the wife to let her know that I had sent my resume, and she (the wife) said her husband had mentioned me. The catch is that they do not have a position open for me. I just saw them and sent it on the hope that they were looking for a QA person and hadn't posted it yet. Still, they know who I am now, and that has to help.

I am coming to terms with the possibility of going back to work full-time. Olivia seems to be taking the news well...that she will be going to school (if this happens) and may need to stay at a friend's house over the summer. Max and I have talked and are (obviously) leaving this in God's hands. If He intends for us both to work, I am sure that's what He will provide. If He intends for Max to be the one working, He will provide the right job at the right time. I have a great deal of peace about this, except for the stress of knowing that there are big changes going on.

We are planning to sell the house by the end of the year, even if we find jobs here in town. It will take so much work to get it ready to sell, it just exhausts me to think of it! I think I need a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment