Friday, December 19, 2008

Indy-Jacksonville game last night

I missed the Jacksonville game because we don't have NFL Network. I personally think it *stinks* that one game a week is now unavailable for people without premium channel packages. Monday Night Football has moved to ESPN, so my friends with basic cable can't even see that! (Not that most of them care about football, but I am outraged on their behalf)

This brings up the annual question of "is it worth it to change to Dish so that we can get NFL Sunday ticket" to be sure that we can see the Colts when they play? Methinks it is. I always think that until I analyze just how much it will cost us to see the games, and then I change my mind. I change my mind until a night like last night were I am stuck watching the scores refresh on NFL.com, biting my nails, hoping for a miracle (like a Freeney sack with 17 seconds left).

At that moment, I would have given NFL network my first-born child to see the game. (does Christian count as my first-born?)

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately for those of us living in Indiana, we were able to see the game on Fox for free! I'm sorry you weren't able to watch. It was, once again, another unbelievable game! Not that you nor I ever doubted the ability of our man Peyton, but he is without question THE MVP of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was bad enough to miss the game, but then to find out that it was one of the best games of his CAREER (and that is saying a LOT!), well, I was inconsolable. I did find out that I can pay $4.99 to watch it streamed from NFL.com but don't trust that the connection will be fast enough to really get to watch it. Their streaming video clips always break up, and they're just a few minutes long.

    You, my dearie, will have to decide what TV package you want when you move here. Just consider it a cost of relocation...you'll have to have Sunday Ticket to see all the games. Maybe we'll get it next year and you could come up to watch a few games.

    ReplyDelete