Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blog find of the day

I found this post this morning on a blog called "whatever" by Megan Duerksen. It was as if she had seen my Oprah rant yesterday! I could really relate to what she had to say. I deleted her pics, but the rest of the post is complete. Go here to see it on her blog: http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever/2009/01/blah.html

-- copied text --

Blah.

that is how i feel.

ready but not really ready for a new year.
feeling defeated...exhausted...worn down.
BLAH.

i watched 2 oprah's last night...not good when you are having a pity party.
i felt worse than when i started.

i know in my head what i need to do.
but getting myself to actually do them is so tiring.

i will.
today.
i have to.
besides....even waffle is getting fat because of my laziness.

taking down the christmas decorations will help.
clean table tops.
cleared out rooms.
getting a few drawers cleared out.
that will help.

bottom line....i must get moving so i can feel better so i can BE better for my family.
if i am exhausted all they get is crazy mommy.
tired yelling mommy.
and even i don't like her.
God gave me this perfectly healthy body and here it sits...wasting it's potential.

that is so wrong.

this verse struck me today:
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty Power.
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand
against the devil's schemes." Ephesians 6:10

the devil's schemes?

my desire to sit around and eat mint brownies for a month.
my desire to watch tv instead of read my bible.
my desire to stay up late and not give my body the rest it needs.
my desire to sit at this computer and not get things done.

so i am putting on the full armor this morning.
and i going out for a walk in the cold sunshine...for exercise and vitamin D.
i am sick of feeling like this.

this helps too.
(I kid you not...she ACTUALLY had a picture of what looks like a Sonic drink here with a handwritten note from a friend on top)
friends are awesome.
thank you.

ok oprah....i'm off to live my best life!
HA.

Thank you GOD (not oprah) for these thoughts.
this mind.
this body.
the Holy Spirit inside me moving me to be what God wants.
not oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment