Sunday, January 4, 2009

Successes and failures

Ugh, what a horrible game last night. Horrible. It was so frustrating to see us unable to convert on interceptions, etc. I knew the Chargers would be formidable, but had hoped we'd get past them.

Oh, well. No sense crying over football. Again.

On a personal note, I have not posted an update on my resolutions. I am failing miserably in quite a few of them. I have not read anything except web blogs and news. I haven't studied my Bible at all. We have been sick, so I have not been exercising.

However, I do think I've been making some healthier choices in my diet. We'll see on Wednesday if they were enough to bring a bit of weight loss w/o meeting my exercise goals. Changes I made:
  • Trying to cut back on coffee or at least make it less fattening. I have also found that an emergen-C in the morning gives me an energy boost, so maybe I can replace coffee with that.
  • Drinking sparkling lemon water (you know, Perrier or LaCroix, but the HEB version) instead of soda, juice, etc. Increasing my water intake while cutting calories.
  • Buying more fresh produce. I am trying to snack on veggies and add more to my meals (baked sweet potatoes last night filled me up and were very healthy)
  • Eating a big salad before each meal to fill me up before I start eating the more fattening entree.
  • And, the obvious one, cutting back on butter, sauces, dressings, etc. I don't do artificial sweeteners, so I am just cutting back on sweets period.
I'll post my weight on Wednesday. I am trying to figure out a realistic weight loss per week to maintain until I reach my goal. I think 1 lb. per week is reasonable because I hope soon to be replacing fat with muscle. Two pounds per week might be too much to expect if I am building muscle at the same time. Anyone reading? Anyone have experience in this area? I don't want to get obsessed about a weight number, but need some measurable goals to keep myself motivated.

1 comment:

  1. I did not have steady weight loss but saw results in sizes almost immediately. I didn't even weigh myself until four weeks into my journey, although I knew I was getting smaller.

    Good luck as you start out! Good job!

    ReplyDelete