Friday, January 2, 2009

Coupons, coffee, other random thoughts

I found a way to use expired coupons. Adopt a military base at http://www.ocpnet.org/ and mail the coupons to them. They can be used on base for a while after they expire. Sweet! Makes me feel not so bad about coupons that expire because I didn't find the perfect price match sale.

Coffee. You know me, it's an addiction. But I am not a fan of black coffee, and therein lies the rub. As in "rub my Buddha belly" 'cause it's getting that fat. I love 1/2 and 1/2 or the flavored creamers, and am sure that starting my day off with two cups of fat is probably not the best way to go. I've tried teas, but am just not a big tea fan. I've tried skim milk but it just makes my coffee weak and gray. And I don't do artificial sweeteners (allergic, or at least get sick when I use them) so I'm in a quandry. If anyone is reading this and has ideas, let me know.

PeytiePie. My posts have been strangely PeytiePie-less for the last couple of days. Did I mention that I resolve to meet him and Coach Dungy personally? Yeah, I resolve that every year. Good thing for my dear Sis who will bail me out of jail when I get arrested for trying to carry out my plot, er, resolution.

I digress...back to PeytiePie...looks like he's front-runner for league MVP. I wonder how that will affect their playoff performance. I think that might be the nudge they need to get over the San Diego hump. I have very high hopes for the playoffs this year. Reminds me so much of January '07, when we were limping into the playoffs, having been under the radar. I think the Colts play best without a bye week, on the road, because the underdog status fuels them. So, here's to tomorrow, to Peytie showing the world why he's the MVP, making up for last year's loss. GO GO COLTS!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is what I have come up with. Coffee, a little half and half (but not too much for reasons you stated), 1 Sweet N' Low packet, and 1 tsp sugar. I know it sounds complicated, but I get the sweet, creamy taste without too many calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried any of the stevia-plant-based sweeteners? Sweet N'Low, Equal, etc. give me headaches and other reactions. I may try the stevia sweeteners.

    I think I need an espresso machine. I love skinny lattes, but think the frothing makes a difference for the skim milk.

    ReplyDelete