Friday, January 30, 2009

We all have struggles

I wish that weren't true. I wish that we could be promised a life of ease and free from worry. But, that's not the situation. And, I can honestly say that in the last year, our lives have been very blessed. We have a lot to be thankful for. Today, though, has brought a lot of bad news at once.

First, the thing that weighs heaviest on my heart...my sister-in-law, Ginny, was diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS). Ginny lives in Chicago, so we don't get to spend a lot of time with her, but she is so dear to me. When Max and I first met, he took me from Indianapolis to Chicago to visit her and she went out of her way to make me feel welcome and like part of the family. I am fortunate that Max's family all treat me wonderfully, and make me feel like part of the clan, and when they hurt, I hurt. Please lift Ginny and the rest of the family up in prayer as she explores treatment options, and comes to terms with the diagnosis.

Second, after learning of Ginny's diagnosis, Max went to the office only to be laid off and sent home. So, it looks like there will be major changes coming in our lives over the next few weeks or months. Things were getting a little dull around here, what with a steady paycheck and all. I guess we can consider this "Max and Amy's Big Adventure, Part II" (Part I having come in 2003 when he was laid off)

Continuing the theme of choosing happiness (and knowing that I am blessed in all circumstances) I choose to view this as a big adventure. Who knows what might happen? What great job he might find? Where that might take us? I am sure God has some mighty plans for us, and we are about to find out what they are. Like a man in our class last week put it, our plan is "to find out what God is doing, and join Him"

No comments:

Post a Comment