Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today is Weigh Day!

Drum roll please!
Today's weight is........174.5! Down from 179.0. That is a loss of 4.5 lbs this week. (Yes, I do sometimes teach math to a second-grader)

I must say I am a bit surprised. I have been sick, but not the diet-friendly stomach kind of sick. More the diet-busting sinus-y kind of sick that causes one to sit up at 2 in the morning craving Cheetos because they are the only thing strongly flavored enough to break through the phlegm barrier.

That said, I did work pretty hard at making good food choices and increasing my water/fiber. I know not every week will be like this, but wouldn't that be AWESOME!?

I think I'll set my weight loss goals at 1 lb. per week, to account for muscle gained along with fat burned. I'll figure out when that should have me at my goal weight and post that, along with some milestones to celebrate along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Keep it going. I read your blog in its entirety - you are awesome. If we can actually meet next week and discuss our goals for the year, I would be ecstatic. Like the blogger you quoted, I know in my head what I need to do. I can't wait to actually get things done. I hope we can get an accountability blog going and I can't wait to hear your flylady ideas. My motto for 2009: IT CAN BE DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! That's great and the goal sounds reasonable.

    ReplyDelete