Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday weigh-in, 1/28 edition

I've got good news, and bad news. First, the bad news. I did not lose any weight this week. Now the good news. I did not gain any, either! Weight today: 174.0. I actually think 1/2 pound of that is phlegm, so I should lose at least that weight as soon as I am feeling better. Until then, though, 174.0 is 2 full pounds over my goal weight, which is bad news. :(

I have been sick, so forgive the lack of posts. Max and I attended a Dynamic Marriage facilitator training class last Friday through Sunday and it was amazing! Mark and Paula Speich went with us, and we all completed our certifications to facilitate Dynamic Marriage classes at our church. I am really excited about it. I see so many marriages that are in crisis, or just "existing", and it makes me sad. We are hoping to start classes at the end of March. If you are the praying kind, I'd sure appreciate prayers for us.

About "the sickness"...we seem to be passing a virus around the family, and it's my turn to be miserable. I was up all night (well, until 5:30 this morning) trying to find a position that allowed both sleeping and breathing. Since no such position apparently exists, and breathing is not optional, I was awake. A lot. I am hopeful that this will be the last of our illnesses and that we're just getting all of our germs out of the way at once. That way, we can be happy and healthy the rest of the year.

And, in keeping with our sermon series about choosing happiness, I am thankful that today I am sick with a virus. A known entity. Something with a pretty well-defined duration. This time last year, I was sick and hurting and had no idea why. The fibromyalgia diagnosis didn't come until Feb. 23. This time last year, I was scared. And, honestly, felt a lot worse every day than I do right now, in the thick of this ick.

So, though I feel lousy, I choose to be happy and grateful and blessed. I hope everyone else is having a blessed week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment